Below is a list of questions we get asked the most often, and the answers to those questions. We hope you find this information useful in the planning of your fishing adventure with us. Please feel free to contact us at any time with additional questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you soon!
A: Your fare includes bait, ice, tackle, rod/reel, fish cleaning, fishing instruction and license. We can accommodate up to 6 people by license & commercial insurance.
A: No. All passengers are covered under our recreational charter boat license. Top Knotch Charters has the required Federal pelagic and bottom fishing permits, the State of Florida recreational permits.
A: 1) Sun block, hat, sunglasses and light colored clothes are suggest for the summer months. Warmer clothes in the winter months.
2) Any food and soft drinks you would like for duration of the trip.
3) White soled sneakers or deck shoes. No black soled shoes please.
4) Sea sick prevention pills or patch. If you feel you are susceptible to motion sickness, we suggest you take Dramamine or any other brand the night before your trip, then just before you get on board. All local pharmacies carry them, as well as patches for more advanced cases.
A: Please DO NOT bring any of the following onboard:
– NO GLASS ON BOARD
– Illegal Drugs or Contraband
– Hard Liquor
– Dark Soled or Hard Soled shoes (boat shoes or sneakers are suggested)
– GPS or Loran-type navigational devices
A: You are welcome to bring beer and consume in moderation. No hard liquor of any type is permitted.
– NO GLASS BOTTLES
A: You can if you wish, however it is not necessary as we provide them for you on board.
A: Our on-board coolers are available for your personal use, but you are welcome to bring your own (reasonable size). We do suggest you bring a cooler in your vehicle to carry your fillets home in. We will gladly ice your cooler for you.
A: Departure times are flexible based on the type of trip your are booking. Your captain or mate will assist you in deciding your departure time and location while you are planning your trip.
A: Once you have decided on a date(s) and type of trip you’d like, you can call us at (727) 365-3600, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or book online HERE. We are always available to help you with your decision.
A: We prefer cash, but credit cards are also accepted.
– Customer will be responsible for the 3% merchant fee when paying with a credit card.
A: To receive a full refund of your deposit, we ask that you give us no less than 7 days notice prior to scheduled departure time. Cancellations without notice will forfeit deposit.
Trips cancelled by us anytime prior to departure, due to weather, mechanical or other unforeseen circumstances will be refunded within 7 days of cancellation.
– Upon cancellations not given a 7 day notice will be charged a 10% fee.
A: Yes you can, however you must stay within the legal size and bag limits on all species of which such limits apply. We encourage catch, photo and release. We pride ourselves in being recreational fisherman and do not sell our catch.
A: We specialize in family trips and have had fisherpersons as young as 6 years old on-board. Please remember if equipment gets damaged due to your negligence, you will be responsible for the full cost of repairs/replacement.